Last Updated: 20 January 2022
When you use Hopcharge & its mobile apps, you trust us with your personal data. We’re committed to keeping that trust. That starts with helping you understand our privacy practices.
This notice describes the personal data we collect, how it’s used and your choices regarding this data.
Account shall have the meaning ascribed to the term in the T&C Agreement
Application shall have the meaning ascribed to the term in the T&C Agreement
Cookie shall mean the Trackers consisting of small sets of data stored in the User's browser
Data Processor or Data Supervisor
Data Processor or Data Supervisor shall mean the natural or legal person, agency or any other body which processes the Personal Data or the Usage Data on behalf of the controller
Hopcharge shall have the meaning ascribed to the term in the T&C Agreement
Personal Data or Data
Personal Data or Data shall mean any information that directly, indirectly, or in connection with other information, including a personal identification number, that allows for the identification or identifiability of a natural person and shall include the Registration Data
Registration Data shall have the meaning ascribed to the term in the T&C Agreement
Service(s) shall have the meaning ascribed to the term in the T&C Agreement
T&C Agreement shall mean the terms and conditions applicable to use of the Application, the Website, and the Services
Tracker shall mean any technology, for e.g. Cookies, unique identifiers, web beacons, embedded scripts, e-tags and fingerprinting - that enables the tracking of Users, for example by accessing or storing information on the User’s device
Usage Data shall mean information collected automatically through the Application (or third-party services engaged in this Application), or Website, which can include: the IP addresses or domain names of the computers; the uniform resource identifier addresses; the time of the request; the method utilized to submit the request to the server; the size of the file received in response; the numerical code indicating the status of the server's answer (successful outcome, error, etc.); the country of origin; the features of the browser and the operating system; the various time details per visit (e.g., the time spent on each page within the Application) and the details about the path followed within the Application with special reference to the sequence of pages visited, and other parameters about the device operating system and/or the User's or the Owner’s information technology environment
User(s) shall have the meaning ascribed to the term in the T&C Agreement
Owner shall have the meaning ascribed to the term in the T&C Agreement
Website shall have the meaning ascribed to the term in the T&C Agreement
- Users may in most cases opt-out of receiving push notifications by visiting their device settings, such as the notification settings for mobile phones, and then change those settings for this Application.
- This Application may use User’s Registration Data to personalize push notifications and in-app information display.
- Users must be aware that disabling push notifications may negatively affect the utility of this Application.
EVQ Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
- The following information is collected by the Application or the Website:
- Information provided by the User – The Application or Website, either by itself or through third parties, collects the Personal Data provided by the User, to provide more effective Services. To access the Account, the User is required to register his/her name, email address, phone number and other personal details, in form of Registration Data. Further, the Owner of an EV, procuring the Services through any other medium is also required to provide his Registration Data to Hopcharge.
- User or Owner communications with Hopcharge as well as Usage Data.
- Data collected by the hardware system of Hopcharge, while providing Services, during a Charging Session.
- Information may be collected Hopcharge, through alert links sent to the User or the Owner via email or phone.
- Hopcharge may also collect, use, and share aggregated data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose.
- Payment Data – The Application and third-party payment interface used in the Application retain and save the payment data of the User or the Owner i.e, credit card/debit card information, bank details, wallets etc. to ensure quick and timely payment.
- Personal Data may be freely provided by the User, or, in case of Usage Data, collected automatically when using this Application or Website. Personal Data may also be freely provided by the Owner while procuring the Services directly over phone.
- Data is also collected through automated technologies, each time the User uses the Application or Website.
- Hopcharge may collect and use technical data and related information, including but not limited to, technical information about your device, system and application software, and peripherals, that is gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of software updates, product support and other services to you (if any) related to Applications.
- Data is also collected by the hardware system of Hopcharge during the Charging Session.
- Unless specified otherwise, all Data requested by the Application is a prerequisite for access to the Application which shall not be granted if such Data is withheld.
- In instances where the Application stipulates that some Data is not mandatory, Users are free not to communicate this Data without consequences to the availability of the Application. Users who are uncertain about which Personal Data is mandatory may contact Hopcharge.
- Users are responsible for any third-party Personal Data obtained, published, or shared through the Application and confirm that they have the third party's consent to provide the Data to Hopcharge.
- the Users agree that by opening an Account and/or accessing the Application or Website and
- the Owner agrees that on availing the Services directly over phone.
- Hopcharge takes appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the Data.
- Hopcharge endeavors to protect the security of the Personal Data or Usage Data during transmission by using various encryption protocols and software as per the prevailing standards and Applicable Law.
- Hopcharge maintains physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, processing, and disclosure of personal customer information.
- The Data and the Usage Data processing is carried out using computers and/or information technology enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to Hopcharge, in some cases, the Data or Usage Data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of the Application (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, information technology companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, as Data Processors by Hopcharge.
- Hopcharge may process or share Personal Data relating to Users if one of the following applies:
- Users or Owners have given their written consent for one or more specific purposes
- Provision of Data or the Usage Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the User and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which Hopcharge is subject to
- Hopcharge process Personal Data for quality and training purposes
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Hopcharge, in relation to the Services
- Processing in favor of third party service providers is necessary to, to facilitate the payment for Services obtained
- Processing is necessary to enforce applicable T&C Agreement, including investigation of potential violations thereof or
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues
- The Data is processed at Hopcharge's operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located.
- Hopcharge shall store the Data collected for the time period set out below:
- Personal Data collected for purposes of performance of a Service under a contract between Hopcharge and the User shall be retained until such contract has been fully performed
- Data collected for the purposes of enhancement of Services shall be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes
- Hopcharge shall retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever the User or the Owner has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn and
- On deletion of Account by User, Hopcharge shall retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of a competent authority
- Once the retention period expires, Personal Data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after the expiration of retention period.
- The Data and the Usage Data are collected to allow Hopcharge to provide its Service, comply with its legal obligations, respond to enforcement requests, protect its rights and interests (or those of its Users or third parties), detect any malicious or fraudulent activity, as well as the following: analytics, handling payments, hosting and backend infrastructure and social features.
- The Data and the Usage Data may also be used for any of the following:
- to verify the identity of the User or the Owner or to register the Account
- to provide the Services to the User or the Owner
- to undertaking market research/ study, conduct data analysis
- to improve and enhances our Services based on the information and feedback we receive from the User or the Owner
- to track transactions and process payments
- to send periodic notifications to manage Hopcharge’s relationship with the User or the Owner
- to market and advertise the Services to the User or the Owner
- to administer and protect the Services, including for troubleshooting, data analysis, system testing, and performing internal operations or
- to enforce the T&C Agreement
- Users or the Owners may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by Hopcharge. In particular, Users or the Owners have the right to do the following:
- Deny providing Personal Data: The Users and the Owners have the right to deny providing Data for availing Services. In such an event, Hopcharge shall be under nor responsibility to provide the Services or access to the Application or the Website.
- Withdraw their consent at any time: The Users and the Owners have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data. However, if such withdrawal, results in the withdrawal of data required for access to the Application, then the access of the User to the Account and the Application shall be restricted.
- Object to processing of their Data: Users or the Owners have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on an illegal basis or without their consent.
- Access their Data: Users or the Owners have the right to learn if Data is being processed by Hopcharge, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification: Users or the Owners have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their Data: Users or the Owners have the right to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, Hopcharge shall not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed: Users or the Owners have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from Hopcharge.
- Change their Personal Data: User shall have the right to change or modify the Registration Data provided during Account creation.
- Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller: Users or the Owners have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User's or the Owner’s consent, on a contract which the User or the Owner is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Notwithstanding anything mentioned in The Purposes Of Processing section, if any exercise of rights by the User, has the effect of restricting the processing of Data essential for access to the Application or providing the Services, Hopcharge, shall restrict the Account of such User and shall not be liable towards the User for any obligation under the T&C Agreement.
- In compliance with the provisions of the Information Technology Act, 2000 (“IT Act”) and Information Technology (Intermediary Guidelines and Digital Media Ethics Code) Rules, 2021 (“IT Rules”), Hopcharge has appointed an officer, to address the User’s or the Owner's concerns pertaining to the usage of Data ("Grievance Officer”).
- In the event, the User or the Owner has any complaints or concerns regarding the usage of Data, they may write to the Grievance Officer at:
EVQ Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
- Within 24 (twenty-four) hours of the receipt of the User’s or the Owner's grievance, the Grievance Officer shall acknowledge the email, and shall dispose of the same within 21 (twenty-one) days of the receipt of grievance, post conducting hearings and discussions.
- Notwithstanding anything mentioned above, Hopcharge shall not be responsible for any loss, unauthorised access, safety issue or any harm caused to the User’s or the Owner's by any misuse of the Personal Data or Usage Data, unless it is a direct and foreseeable consequence of negligence and non-compliance on Hopcharge’s part.
- The User or the Owner hereby acknowledges that Hopcharge is not responsible, in particular, for any third-party action or action on the User’s or the Owner’s part leading to loss, damage or harm to User or the Owner, or any other person.
- Hopcharge shall not be liable for any data loss or theft due to unauthorized access to the User’s or the Owner’s electronic devices through which the Services are availed.
- Where Personal Data is processed for a public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in Hopcharge or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Hopcharge, Users shall not object to such processing. Notwithstanding this, the User can raise a grievance with the Grievance Officer, by providing detailed reasons related to their situation.
- Hopcharge shall be entitled to process the Personal Data for any market analysis to enhance the standards of Services being provided.
Any requests to exercise the User’s or the Owner's rights can be directed to the Grievance Officer of Hopcharge through the contact details provided in this document. These requests can be exercised free of charge and shall be addressed by Hopcharge as early as possible.
- The Personal Data may be used for legal purposes by Hopcharge in Court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of the Application, the Website, or the related Services.
- The User or the Owner, declares to be aware that Hopcharge may be required to reveal Personal Data upon request of public authorities.
For operation and maintenance purposes, the Application and the Website, and any third-party services may collect files that record interaction with this Application and Website (System logs) use other Personal Data (such as the IP Address, Mobile Device Information) for this purpose. Such entities would be contractually obligated to maintain confidentiality in relation to the Data provided.
- The information contained on the Website and Application is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Hopcharge and while Hopcharge endeavors to keep the information up to date and correct, Hopcharge makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability, or availability with respect to the Website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the Application for any purpose. Any reliance the User or the Owner places on such information is therefore strictly at their own risk.
- In no event shall Hopcharge be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of Data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this Website or the Application.
- Through the Website of Hopcharge or the Application, the User is able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Hopcharge. Hopcharge has no control over the nature, content, services offered, policies and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
- Should the changes affect processing activities performed on the basis of the User’s consent, Hopcharge shall collect new consent from the User or the Owner, where required.